What is an EV Car Charging Point?
In line with the UK governments initative to cut vehicle emissions they are actively promoting the use of electric vehicles due to the fact that they are both greener and cheaper to run.
As a result the challenge is to ensure that there is a sufficient vehicle charging infrastructure in place and available so as to not be a barrier to people and businesses switching to this new technology.
Subsequently anyone purchasing a new electric vehicle will require an EV charging point installed at a location that is convenient to them.
Our engineers are Level 3 City & Guilds trained and are able to install EV charging point solutions at either business or domestic premises.
However prior to any installation taking place it is very important that we are able to carry out a survey to determine the following…
- The maximum demand of your existing supply isn’t exceeded with the installation of a charging point.
- Your electricity distribution board has capacity to accommodate a designated charging point circuit.
- The charge point can be installed within 10m of your electricity distribution board.
- Your premises electrical installation conforms to current regulations.
- Where the appropriate charge point can be located.
- You have the appropriate off-road parking close by.
On completion of an install the EV charge point must be inspected and tested to verify that the installation is compliant with BS 7671 standards after which the customer will be issued with the relevant certificate to cover the work as was the case with the above photo of a wall-mounted type that we fitted for one of our customers.
Examples of free standing EV charge points that we have also fitted – night example shows how the columns light up to allow easy use.